Influencer Marketing is the next big thing when it comes to marketing your brand. If you aren’t familiar with it, you might not understand what it takes to develop an awesome influencer marketing campaign. The following 5 elements are necessary in order to craft an awesome influencer marketing campaign.
In order to properly begin your influencer marketing campaign, it is important that you establish goals and expectations. Understanding what you want to accomplish throughout the campaign is crucial to how you will eventually execute and work with the influencers. By identifying your goals, you are able to create a proper plan and measure the campaign’s success. Before setting your goals, ask yourself, “Am I trying to get my brand’s name out there or increase sales?” Additionally, when determining your goals, keep these points in mind:
- Be realistic. Don’t set goals that you know you are unlikely to achieve.
- Set a time period when you will start and end your campaign.
- Make it measurable so you can evaluate your success.
One of the key elements of an influencer marketing campaign is knowing and identifying your audience. Answer these questions about your audience:
- Who are you trying to reach?
- Who is the target audience for your brand’s message?
- Who will be interested in your product or service?
Make sure that the influencers you choose to work with align with your brand’s message and audience.
Reaching out to influencers may seem like a self-explanatory task, but keep the following points in mind during this stage.
- Craft a personal message that doesn’t sound like you have emailed 100 other influencers (even if you have).
- In your message, give them some background information about your company and what you sell.
- Tell the influencer what makes them a good fit for your brand.
- Don’t immediately offer up compensation; sometimes the influencers will make a post in exchange for the product.
- If they do have a set price that they charge, do your best to negotiate a payment with them that works within your budget and is appropriate based on their amount of engagement.
- Be confident when dealing with the influencers. Keep in mind, forming meaningful relationships is important so that you can potentially work with them in the future.
Influencers are a great marketing resource because of the way they communicate a message to an audience that trusts them. It is essential that the influencer’s message sounds genuine so that their audience trusts their opinion on your product. It’s okay to give your influencers talking points, but avoid scripting an entire message for them. It will sound more authentic when it comes directly from the influencer. Another way to please the influencer’s audience is to provide a promo code. For example, the influencer may post “Receive 10% off when you enter promo code INFLUENCER.” Giving influencers this promotion also allows you to track the sales that are a direct result from your influencer’s post.
Before wrapping up the campaign, evaluate the performance. This is your opportunity to refer back and determined if your goals were achieved. Evaluate your performance by determining the following:
- Compare your current follower amount to when you first began.
- Calculate the amount of sales that resulted from working with the influencers.
- Determine what your ROI is.
- Did you earn your money back?
- Did you reach your goals?
Measuring the results of your campaign will give you insights on whether or not you should continue working with specific influencers or not and how to plan another influencer marketing campaign in the future.
Are you ready to take your influencer marketing campaign to the next level? Give us a call, we would be happy to help.