In the enormous World Wide Web, attracting relevant, quality leads can be a difficult task. Marketing and advertising can be very expensive, especially if a company is wasting money reaching people that are too far away to buy their product or service. However, many businesses – especially small companies – have found that locally based marketing efforts work better than traditional, large-scale marketing techniques. If your company isn’t already investing in local ads, here are some reasons why you should consider it:
- Local ad spending is seeing significant growth right now. In fact, it is expected that local online ad sales will continue to increase while traditional local ad spending will likely see a decrease. Thus, to remain competitive – it is important to have a local digital ad. A recent report estimated that digital advertising will see a 40 percent increase by 2015.
- It’s inexpensive. Targeting ads to a specific location allows businesses to set a smaller budget. Nowadays, there are several marketing platforms that allow companies to pinpoint particular demographics, areas and interests with ads. Directing ads to the right people will draw in more quality leads.
- It’s reasonably simple. With so many marketing options to choose from, companies can select the option that is easiest and most affordable for them. Plus, most local digital ads take little time to create.
As digital local ads grow in popularity, more and more marketing tools are offering local advertisement options. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Facebook Offers: This service is slowly being rolled out for all businesses, but is currently very limited. Facebook Offers are free to create and a great way to get extra traffic. Facebook admins can create Offers on the company’s page. Once a fan clicks “Get Offer,” they will claim the offer and an update will be sent to their friends that they have done so. Basically, this is word-of-mouth advertising in the 21st century.
- Facebook Ads: On Facebook, the right side is usually cluttered with Recommended Pages, Sponsors and Ads. Anyone with a Facebook fan page can create an ad that will show up on that side panel. Page admins can create several ands and target them based on location, demographics and interests. Businesses have full control over what they link their ad to and how much they spend. Social media marketing is becoming a very popular way to increase sales.
- Google AdWords: Google Adwords is a great way to reach Google users with your ads. AdWords allows businesses to set their budget, with no minimum spending requirement. Additionally, ad creators can select what areas will see their ads, what keywords are connected to ads and what the ad will say. By doing a keyword analysis, companies can identify keywords are searched for most frequently. With Adwords, businesses can more easily be located through a Google search.
- Foursquare: Business owners can attach “Specials” to their location. If a person checks in to that location, they can earn the Special.Foursquare Specials are free to business owners and will encourage people to Check In to that business. This is another great word-of-mouth type advertisement because fellow Foursquare users will see where their friend has checked in and will often view that check in as a recommendation for that business.
- Groupon: Groupon, and other online deal-of-the-day websites, have become incredibly popular in recent years. GroupOn has threeoptions available to business owners: Featured Deals, Groupon Now and Groupon rewards. With Groupon, businesses can offer promotional pricing and reach thousands of potential customers in their area. Groupon sends out daily emails with current specials, which can draw in hundreds of new customers. There is no cost to offer a Groupon deal; however, companies must offer a significant discount on their product or services. Additionally, Groupon does have specific guidelines on what companies can offer deals with their service. Reviews are mixed on how effective Groupon has been for local companies, but most report that they would use Groupon to advertise again.
Is your company interested in local digital ads? Core3 can help! We have the experience and knowledge necessary to create locally based ads that can work for your business. Let’s chat!