There is no doubt that Core3 staffers love what they do. We’re all very passionate about the industry that we work in and our work often brings us a lot of excitement. However, in any job, some tasks can get strenuous and maybe even a bit boring. At Core3, we usually make it through those times with a smile on our face because of our awesome coworkers. Our rich culture promotes more of a family and friends atmosphere than simply remaining coworkers. These people are our pals, our sound boards, our dinner dates and more. The stressful moments don’t seem so bad, because we always find a way to laugh and enjoy each other’s company.
It’s been said that laughing is good medicine. But how exactly does it benefit us? We decided to do a little research and here’s what we found:
Laughter helps with:
- Lowering blood pressure
- Reducing particular stress hormones
- Increasing vascular blood flow and oxygenation of the blood
- Working out the diaphragm, abdomen, respiratory system, face, legs and back
- Increasing alertness, creativity and memory
- Increasing memory and learning
- Increasing the response of tumor- and disease-killing cells such as Gamma-interferon and T-cells
- Defending against respiratory infections–even reducing the frequency of colds–by immunoglobulon in saliva.
So, how does this benefit us in the workplace?
Basically, laughing gives us a mini workout while boosting important skills that are required for our work. Additionally, laughing can help with lessening stress levels. From a medical standpoint, filling your life with laughter can actually aid against infections, diseases and even cancer.
Sure, laughter isn’t going to completely erase us munching on the endless supply of cookies that we seem to have in the office. But it definitely makes working at Core3 a much happier, rewarding experience.
Some of our favorite quotes about laughter:
Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it. -Bill Cosby
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. -Mark Twain
Seven days without laughter makes one weak. -Mort Walker
A special thank you to Dan & Adam for helping with today’s image!